Public Computers & Tech Services at the Library
PLEASE NOTE: The number of computers available for public use at the library is limited due to social distancing guidelines and issues associated with maintaining sanitized computer station surfaces and keyboards during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Computers for Public Use
You must have a valid W-TCPL library card in your name and in good standing to use public computers. Bring your library card with you to use a computer.
Computers shut down 10 minutes before library closing time.
Features of Public Computers for Adults
- 17-Inch monitors
- CD R/RW drives
- USB Capabilities
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2016 suite featuring Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Access
- Headphone capability (please bring your own)
Computers For Children & Teens
Specially designated children’s computers that provide educational early learning applications are currently out of service.
A limited number of computers designated for use exclusively by children or teens are available at each library.
Children ages 6-12 may not use adult computers unless accompanied by an adult.
Only teens ages 13-18 are permitted to use designated Teen computers.
Printing from a Library Computer
Printing is available from library computers at a fee of $0.10 per page for black-and-white prints and $0.25 per page for color prints.
Wireless & Mobile Printing to a Library Printer
Wireless printing from your own device to a library printer is available at all locations; fee is $0.10 per page for black-and-white prints and $0.25 per page for color prints.
Wi-Fi at the Library
All W-TCPL locations have wireless capability (Wi-Fi) for personal computers and devices. Please use ‘freewifi’ as the password to access the free Internet access.
Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots
Mobile Wi-Fi Hospots are available for checkout by adult library cardholders; visit the Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots page for loan terms and rules for use.
Internet and Computer Use Guidelines
- Computer use is limited to one, 1-hour session per day.
- Computer users must have a valid W-TCPL card to use public computers. Any library customer with a library card in good standing may use the library computer reservation system. Customers whose accounts are currently in collections cannot use the computers.
- A computer reservation can be made for a specific time up to 48 hours in advance.
- Users are not permitted to access any nudity, pornography, obscenity, sexually explicit images or text, or graphic violence on the computers.