FAQ about visiting the library during the pandemic
1. Is the library open?
A. Yes! All Warren-Trumbull County Public Library locations are open. Visit our list of locations for branch-specific hours and holiday closures.
2. Do I have to wear a face covering when I visit the library?
A. We encourage customers and staff to wear a mask or face covering while in the library. A face covering will be provided if needed.
3. Can I call ahead to reserve an item for pick-up?
A. Yes. If you know what specific library item you would like to pick up, please call your nearest W-TCPL location. Staff will look for the item and mark it “for pickup” at the Circulation desk. Items will stay on the shelf for 3 business days. Simply bring your library card with you, check out your item, and you can be on your way.
4. Can I use a computer at the library?
- Computer use is limited per day per location.
- Computer users must have a valid W-TCPL card to use public computers.
- A computer reservation can be made for a specific time no more than 48 hours in advance.
Wi-Fi can be accessed in every building.
5. Can I apply for a library card online?
A. Yes. Adults can apply for an eCard online and immediately start using the library’s digital resources.
6. Are library books and movies/DVDS, etc., safe to check out and take home?
A. All books, DVDs, and other library materials that are borrowed and then returned are sanitized before being returned to library shelves. According to the Centers for Disease Control, the COVID-19 virus does not spread easily from touching contaminated surfaces or objects, however, we are acting with an abundance of caution where materials are concerned.
7. What safety measures has the library put in place for customers?
A. Health and safety measures implemented at our libraries include:
- All books, DVDs, and other library materials that are borrowed and then returned are cleaned and sanitized prior to being put back on library shelves
- Plexiglass protective barriers have been installed at checkout desks and service areas
- Social distancing measures have been put in place at checkout desks
- Additional cleaning/sanitizing of surfaces and touch points takes place during open hours
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed at each library
- Library staff are encouraged to wear a face covering while working
- Library staff will be directed to stay home if they have any symptoms associated with COVID-19
8. Can I schedule a meeting/conference room? Can I meet with a small group at the library?
A. Public meeting room use is limited at this time; please inquire with your specific library to find out what options are available for small groups.
9. Are the Friends of the Library book sales still ongoing? Are you accepting book donations?
A. Gently used books and other materials are available for purchase at our ongoing Friends of the Library book sales, although the space where the sale items are located may have changed at each library.
We are not accepting book donations at this time. When donations resume, we will post updates on our website and social media.
10. When will library events and classes resume?
A. At this time, we continue to offer online events. You are invited to follow the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library on social media for online storytimes, book recommendations, and more virtual programming.