Borrow a Hotspot and enjoy free access to the Internet
Warren-Trumbull County Public Library cardholders can connect to the Internet by borrowing a mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot from the library.
Access the Internet from your smart phone, tablet, or laptop when you’re on the go or away from home. With a mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot, you will always have a connection to the Internet.
Important Information For Borrowers
- The overdue fine is $3.00 per day until the device is returned. After 3 days overdue, you will be billed the full replacement cost of the device plus processing fees. Overdue Hotspots will be deactivated.
- Devices may be checked out for 10 days only by adult library cardholders.
- Devices cannot be renewed.
- Devices can be requested by placing a hold; holds on Hotspots must be picked up at the library within 3 days.
- One device per household.
- Each Wi-Fi Hotspot protective case includes a charging USB cord, a charging brick, the Wi-Fi device, and a one-page instruction sheet.
- Customers who borrow a Wi-Fi Hotspot should be familiar with how to connect their personal devices to a wireless access point.
- Up to 15 devices can be connected to the Internet at the same time through each Wi-Fi Hotspot.
To connect your device to the W-TCPL Mobile Hotspots Wi-Fi Network, follow these steps:
- Turn on the Hotspot by holding the power button located on the top left side of the device until the icons light up. (Press the left side button closest to the power symbol.)
- On your computer or other Wi-Fi enabled device, search for available Wi-Fi Networks and select the Network Name (SSID) for your Mobile Hotspot. It should begin with “ALCATEL” followed by 4 numbers.
- Enter the network password. The password can be found on the back of your device and is a series of numbers.
- To power off the device, press and hold the power button until all icons light up and then release and wait for the icons to turn off.
Return Hotspot to the same library that you checked it out from or to any W-TCPL location.
NOTE: The Wireless Network Name (SSID) and password can be found on the back of the device or at the bottom of the label on the front of the case.
Questions? Contact the Warren Library at (330) 399-8807 during regular business hours.