Off the Shelf: Books Made Into Movies
Posted November 18, 2021
By Leslie Kimble
Warren-Trumbull County Public Library Technical Services Manager
Greetings from the 2nd floor of the Warren Library! Although our view is much different than downstairs, our goals here at the library are all the same . . . to suggest some good reads!
In this month’s blog post, I am featuring several book-to-movie tie-ins that did not disappoint.
|Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
The true story about four African-American women who overcame discrimination and proved that they were some of the brightest minds in math, science, and engineering.
|Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
Which side of yourself is your true self? Is it the side we show to others, the side we show to loved ones, or the side we show only to ourselves? Three mothers, a school event, and an accident…or so they think.
|Shrek! by William Steig
An ogre and a talking donkey go on a journey to save a princess from an overbearing lord.
|Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Life for ten-year-old Auggie is not easy. Born with a facial anomaly, Auggie has to deal with teasing and judgment from others when all he wants is to be treated like a regular kid.
|Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
When Bernadette goes missing after a school fundraiser, her teenage daughter Bee begins compiling emails, official documents, and secret correspondence to find her mother.
Other book-to-movie (or TV) titles you might enjoy:
- Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth
- Murdoch Mysteries series by Maureen Jennings
- Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
- The Godfather series by Mario Puzo
- Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard