Visiting the library during the pandemic
All libraries in the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library system are following health and safety guidelines from state and federal government and health officials during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have put enhanced protocols in place to help support the safety of our library customers and staff and the safe handling of library books, videos, and other materials.
Frequently Asked Questions about visiting the library during the pandemic
Computers are available for in-library public use. A computer reservation can be made for a specific time no more than 48 hours in advance at the library in Warren, Brookfield, Cortland, Howland, Liberty or Lordstown.
Public computers are fully self-service to ensure social distancing between library staff and patrons. While we will do our best to safely assist you, one-on-one computer help is not possible. We thank you for your cooperation during this time.
- Computer use is limited per day (per location).
- Computer users must have a valid W-TCPL card to use public computers.
- Printing is available (fee per page)
Free WiFi is available at all W-TCPL locations.
Safety Measures We Have Put in Place
- All books, DVDs, and other library materials that are borrowed and then returned are cleaned and sanitized prior to being put back on library shelves
- Plexiglass protective barriers have been installed at checkout desks
- Social distancing measures have been put in place at checkout desks
- Additional cleaning/sanitizing of surfaces and touch points takes place during open hours
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed at each library
- Furniture has been rearranged to promote social distancing
- Library staff are encouraged to wear a face covering while working
- Library staff will be directed to stay home if they have any symptoms associated with COVID-19
What We Ask of You
…… Customers and staff are encouraged to wear a face covering/mask while in the library. Wearing a face covering can help protect yourself and protect your neighbors. A face covering will be provided if needed.
…… Respect social distancing guidelines and maintain at least 6 feet of space between yourself and other customers and library staff
…… Make sure children ages 10 and younger are accompanied by a parent/guardian/caregiver at all times while in the library
PLEASE NOTE: When you bring your items back to the library, please put them in one of the outside slots/return boxes located at each library building; do NOT bring your items into the library to return them.
Access the Library Online
Instant, 24/7 access to the library’s online eMedia collection, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, and streaming movies, music, and television shows is available with your library card. If you don’t yet have a library card, you can sign up for one today and begin enjoying many of these online resources plus video courses and other learning options.
Pandemic Memory Project
Find out how you can share your experience of life during this unprecedented time by participating in the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library’s Pandemic Memory Project.